This week is set to be a scorcher.
So it’s time to load up on the ice, BBQ goodies and suncream.
Of course, it goes without saying that it’s important to stay hydrated when hot weather hits.
Ice tea is a great choice to sip in the sunshine and tea brand Tetley has shared a recipe for switching up your traditional choice.
They’ve come up with a super green version, reminiscent of a non-alcoholic mojito.
In other words, it’s delightfully minty, with hints of lime and ginger.
And you only need a handful of ingredients to make the refreshing drink at home.
It’s also a great one if you’re hosting people – as it can be scaled up and popped in pitchers on a garden table.
You can find the simple recipe below.
Super green ice tea recipe:
- 4 Tetley super green tea bags
- 500ml boiling water
- 250ml cold water
- Desired amount of sugar, honey or agave
- Handful of mint leaves, crushed
- Desired amount of fresh ginger shavings
- Fresh lime juice to taste
- Lime wedges and mint sprigs to garnish
1. In 500ml of boiling water, steep the tea bags for five minutes, then remove bags.
2. Stir in 250ml of cold water and add sugar or honey to taste.
3. Garnish with mint leaves, ginger. Add lemon or lime juice to add a zingy flavour.
4. Chill in the fridge, then serve with ice.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
MORE : Kid-friendly recipes: How to make tasty banana and peanut butter puff wheels with leftover puff pastry
MORE : Try this lemon and elderflower scone recipe to mark the start of Wimbledon
MORE : New potato season is in full swing – here are three recipes to try
Leave a Reply